Running with the Cows attracts runners from all over the Kansas City metro & around the country! An event for the whole family! Rural, rolling hills, serene asphalt course, fresh air, and a ridiculously awesome post-race buffet for EVERYONE to enjoy!
Voted Top Race in Kansas!
Running with the Cows also offers:
2018 Race Shirt
2018 Race Medal
- Relatively smooth asphalt course with rolling hills, where many have set their personal best records.
- Pacers available.
- Amazing volunteers along the course.
- Half marathon participants will receive: chip timing, USATF certified course, technical running shirt, finishers medal, overall and age group awards, Runners Edge pace group leaders, seven aid stations, large mile markers, post race festivities and ALL THE FOOD YOU CAN EAT!
- 5K participants will receive: chip timing, cotton t-shirt, a cowbell, overall and age group awards, one aid station, large mile markers, post race festivities and FOOD, FOOD, FOOD!
- A convenient, monitored bag drop inside the school.
- Chip timing.
- Mylar blankets.
- The race is a GO in the rain, cold or snow! Come on Spring! However, if it is unsafe to run/walk, the race director reserves the right to cancel the event.
If you register to run/walk/grit, but are unable to do so, you can still pick up your t-shirt at packet pick-up.
- Strollers Welcome at the back of the runners.
- CustoMOOOzed Bibs! Register by NOON on April, 19th to get your bib PERSONALIZED!
WILL THERE BE FOOD AND DRINKS AT THE END?
Yes, we will have Ridiculous amounts of delicious post-race FOOD and DRINKS. Our community puts on a potluck style party for all of our guests. We also have food/drinks from local grocery stores and restaurants.
WHERE DOES THE RACE START? WHERE DOES IT END?
The event will start and end at The Queen of the Holy Rosary Catholic School,
WHAT IF I AM UNABLE TO ATTEND? CAN I GET A REFUND?
If you are not able to participate after signing up, fees cannot be refunded for any reason and registration cannot be transferred. If you register to run/walk, but are unable to do so, you can still pick up your t-shirt at packet pick-up.
CAN SOMEONE ELSE PICK UP MY PACKET?
I HAVE A FRIEND WHO WOULD LIKE TO VOLUNTEER. HOW CAN THEY HELP?
Please go to the volunteer page for more information on volunteer needs and to sign up.
WHAT IF IT RAINS?
The race is a GO in the rain, cold or snow! Come on Spring! However, if it is unsafe to run/walk, the race director reserves the right to cancel the event.
IS THERE A TIME LIMIT ON THE EVENT?
We suggest a minimum of 14 min miles for the Half. The roads will open for vehicle traffic after 10:30 am. You may finish the race, but be advised that there may be vehicle traffic sharing the road with you after our allotted time to close roads. Don’t worry, we will wait until the last cow comes home!